Location: Philadelphia PA / Remote due to COVID-19
Full Time – Permanent Position
Be a part of a fast-paced, growing team, that provides a solid work life balance working with our Nonprofit Organizations. As a Support Engineer for Office 365, you will work closely with our Managed IT Services Clients assisting with new technology projects and support.
Tech Impact is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to help other nonprofits use technology to better serve our community. Our services enable nonprofits to plan for, implement, and effectively use technology tools to achieve their organizational goals. We have offices in Philadelphia PA, Wilmington DE, and Las Vegas NV, and have been delivering services since 2003 to thousands of national and international nonprofit organizations.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
- The Support Engineer Office 365 is expected to manage multiple project portfolios and incoming support escalations with minimal supervision.
- Perform basic system administrator functions such as network user creation and password resets.
- Serve as technical lead on infrastructure projects as assigned.
- Provide Office 365 training to other support technicians
- Client facing either on the phone or in-person to implement, assess, and troubleshoot and resolve the customer’s issues including hardware, software, and network communication issues.
- Document resolutions and procedures to ensure issues can be addressed by Service Desk Engineers in the future.
- When necessary, the Office 365 Support Engineer will be expected to fill in for Service Desk Engineers by performing first and second level phone, email, and ticket work.
- Need be available for occasional late shift work. (11:30AM – 8:00PM)
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide end-user Office 365 support to all clients
- Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft applications that work with Office 365 such as Outlook, Teams and OneDrive
- Troubleshoot Domain/DNS issues with Office 365.
- Troubleshoot issues with Mobile Device Management (Microsoft Intune)
- Troubleshoot issues with SharePoint
- Resolve syncing issues with Office 365 services such as OneDrive and AD Sync
- Resolve Office 365 related cases escalated by Service Desk
- Implement Teams VoIP Implementations
- Azure AD Connect Configuration
- Exchange Online Migrations MFA Implementations
- SSO Implementations
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS REQUIRED
- Extensive knowledge of Office 365 applications, including but limited to Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Teams
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- Working knowledge of multi-factor authentication technologies
- Ability to provide formal end-user training on Office 365 applications
- Knowledge in PowerShell Automation a plus
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS FOR SUCCESS IN OUR POSITION
- Work well independently and within a team environment.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Frequent exposure to new and challenging problems.
- Excellent troubleshooting techniques.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Solid communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to translate technical information to non-technical users.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Flexible, able to multi-task, and enjoy working in a diverse, results-oriented workplace
- Passion about the job and a little sense of humor.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR TECH IMPACT
- Supportive and compassionate environment that provides a work life balance.
- Everyone has a voice and you have the opportunity to learn and grow to make a difference.
- The organization shows how they care for its people by paying for a majority of your medical benefits and providing you a credit card to pay deductibles and copays.
- Paid Time Off – 15 days accrued the first year and Paid Holidays
Tech Impact is a nonprofit whose mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve our world.
We are the place nonprofits can call to make sense of anything from large-scale technology projects, to technology maintenance and support. We have partnered with hundreds of nonprofit organizations around the world since 2003, to help each one realizes the potential of technology to achieve their mission and improve outcomes.
Our services enable nonprofits to plan for, implement and effectively employ technology tools to achieve their organizational goals. We have offices in Philadelphia PA, Washington DC, Wilmington DE, and Las Vegas NV. Tech Impact clients range from 5 to 600 staff and run primarily Windows-based software and Microsoft cloud technologies.
In addition to providing technical services to nonprofit organizations, Tech Impact runs workforce development programs to help young people learn in-demand skills to gain employment in the IT field.
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Tech Impact embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex, gender, identity, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
- ADA SPECIFICATIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, see and use a computer and other office related equipment
- Also requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand, stoop, crawl and lift up to 50 lbs.
- May require local and regional travel