Location: Remote – Can be anywhere in the US
Tech Impact – Headquarters Philadelphia PA
Full Time Permanent Position
Salary – $65,000 – $70,000
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Are you bright, curious, and confident—the person everyone goes to for ideas and trusts to get things done right? Then take a look at our Marketing Manager position. Tech Impact is a nonprofit on a mission to use technology to better serve the world.
We are looking for a marketing generalist to join our small but energetic team. Your focus will be to market Tech Impact’s national brand of technology services, educational resources, and career training.
Tech Impact is a leading provider of IT solutions for nonprofits and operates award-winning IT training programs designed to help young adults launch careers in the IT world. With offices in Philadelphia PA, Wilmington DE, Washington DC, and Las Vegas NV, Tech Impact has been delivering services since 2003 to thousands of national and international nonprofit organizations.
Essential Skills for Success in Position
Tech Impact is committed to its communities and to providing employees with a solid work-life balance and opportunities to grow professionally. The person in this role needs to embody the Tech Impact values of quality, collaboration, empowerment, compassion, transparency, being genuine, agile, and dynamic. We want someone who believes in our mission.
A Successful Candidate Will Have Demonstrated Strengths in These Areas
- Project Management
- Inbound Strategy
- Content Marketing
- Direct Email
- Nonprofit Sector Familiarity
- Strong command of email marketing and content marketing/strategy.
- Work with people at all levels including senior management, keep team members on track with agreed-upon strategies, gain consensus on strategies and goals.
- Fast learner, likes technology, curious, not afraid to try new things, experiments.
- Can work independently, remotely, coordinating with many team members and consultants.
- Project management – Selecting and managing vendors, running complex projects, keeping them on time and in scope.
Benefits of Working for Tech Impact
- Supportive and compassionate environment that provides a work-life balance.
- Be part of a collaborative team that is passionate about the organization’s mission and using technology to make the world a better place.
- Everyone has a voice, and you can learn and grow to make a difference.
- The organization shows how they care for people by paying for 90% of your medical benefits and providing you a credit card to pay deductibles and copays.
- Paid Time Off – 15 days accrued the first year and 13 Paid Holidays.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities
As a Marketing Manager you will manage competing priorities across multiple programs and services—often at a fast pace. The role reports to and works closely with the Managing Editor as well as other members of the Education and Outreach team. The focus will be to drive marketing strategy for content promotion, training registration, list-building, workforce development student recruitment, communications, and community engagement. The Marketing Manager will share supervision of a program assistant. This is a remote position working collaboratively with a virtual team and requires infrequent travel for in-person retreats.
- Work with department heads to determine marketing strategy.
- Develop and manage awareness, engagement, and nurture campaigns.
- Track and report on marketing metrics and adjust strategy as needed.
- Manage marketing and advertising budget.
- Use Tech Impact’s CRMs (HubSpot and Wizehive) to maximize content automation and communication results.
- Work with the Managing Editor to:
- Coordinate, plan, and execute all outward communication to Tech Impact audiences including clients, prospects, students, and partners.
- Direct and oversee social media, email, and blog strategy and content.
- Collaborate across teams to ensure communication aligns with Tech Impact’s brand.
- Collaborate with Events Manager to develop specialized marketing and outreach to promote events and communicate with attendees.
- Develop and maintain marketing and sales collateral.
- Manage outsourced vendors (e.g. digital agency, web agency, and other marketing services).
- Update WordPress websites.
- Serve as project manager for web development on larger website projects/changes.
- Manage website integrations with HubSpot and other data systems.
- Create landing pages and forms to capture lead information.
- Work with sales department to ensure marketing-sales pipelines are functioning effectively.
- Ensure marketing contact lists are segmented and clean.
- Set up, update, and maintain nurture campaigns.
- Assist with running events.
- Make presentations about Tech Impact.
- Participate in Education and Outreach department activities.
- Expense reporting (allocating expenses to the right programs and departments).
- Pitching in wherever needed—we are a collaborative, entrepreneurial team.
Additional Skills That Will Add Value
Digital Advertising Experience
- SEO knowledge
- Graphic design—familiarity with basic principles and use of tools such as Canva to create simple assets.
- Brand strategy and enforcement.
- Preparing and managing a budget.
- PR, writing press releases and pitching to media.
- Nonprofit and/or agency experience.
- National and/or B2B experience.
- Websites—familiarity with CMS, good at troubleshooting website and integration issues, has overseen web design.
- Writing and editing.
- Microsoft 365
- Google Analytics
About Tech Impact (www.techimpact.org)
Tech Impact is a nonprofit on a mission to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve the world. We offer a comprehensive suite of technology services that includes managed IT support, data and strategy services, telecommunications, and cloud computing integration and support.
Tech Impact’s also has several training programs ITWorks, CXWorks and PunchCoding that have graduated hundreds of young adults with the knowledge, IT skills, and confidence they need to start their careers in the technology and customer experience industries. Finally Tech Impact is home to the Technology Learning Center to over 200 original learning resources about nonprofit technology, including Idealware’s respected Consumer Guides to nonprofit software.
Links to Our Workforce Development Programs:
www.itworks.org www.cxworks.org, www.punchcode.org, www.techhiredelaware.org
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Tech Impact embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment based on age, race, color, creed, sex, gender, identity, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
- ADA Specifications: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and use a computer and other office related equipment.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Devie Smith, HR Staffing Specialist, at [email protected].