Location: Remote Due To Covid/ Occasional onsite support in both Wilmington, DE and Philadelphia, PA
Full Time – 6 month Contract Position
Be a part of a fast-paced, growing team, that provides a solid work life balance working with our Nonprofit Organization. As an IT Workforce Assistant Instructor, you will work with our ITWorks Program that is designed for 18 -26-year-olds to learn about IT and achieve their Cisco IT Essentials Certification and CompTIA A+ Professional Certification.
WHO IS TECH IMPACT?
Tech Impact is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to help other nonprofits use technology to better serve our community. Our services enable nonprofits to plan for, implement, and effectively use technology tools to achieve their organizational goals. We have offices in Philadelphia PA, Wilmington DE, and Las Vegas NV and have been delivering services since 2003 to thousands of national and international nonprofit organizations. Our ITWorks program trains over 100 youth each year with the opportunity to learn and grow their IT skills and then our team works to find them employment. We are looking for an IT professional with a knack for technology training for this full-time opportunity.
THE ITWORKS PROGRAM
- ITWorks is a technology training program for young adults, 18-26 years old, who have a GED or high school diploma but have not yet completed college. The program consists of 11 weeks of intensive classroom training followed by a technology certification and a 5-week internship inside the IT department at a for-profit or nonprofit organization.
- Students work toward their Cisco IT Essentials certification and CompTIA A+ professional certification. Students also receive intensive career guidance, mentoring, and valuable professional development skills that will help them succeed in their new careers.
- ITWorks provides these students with an experience that will help improve their income potential for life. All these services are provided free of charge to the student and are supported by the generosity of corporations, foundations, and individual donors. Our students are driven and full of potential, and this program is an opportunity for a promising career in technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a technology-experienced individual who can support our virtual ITWorks classrooms in both Philadelphia and Wilmington, transfer their knowledge to a group of eager students, and work with our great team to help train our students for opportunities in the technology field.
- Have a strong sense of accountability for student achievement.
- Has obtained their own CompTIA A+ certification.
- Have 1+ years of experience in a technical field, technical training or instructional experience preferred.
- Familiarity with online instructional platforms (WebEx, Zoom, etc) and LMS.
- Create a positive classroom environment and foster learning. Work tirelessly to keep our students motivated and help them create belief in themselves.
- Ability to adjust instructional strategies to reach the program’s goals.
- Prep program laptops by establishing and maintaining an image with appropriate software.
- Support the applicant recruitment and interview process.
- Support volunteers to deliver “Friday Session” professional and life-skills trainings.
- Be able to guide real-world scenarios that are outside of “core” course of study.
- Ensure students’ technical skills meet the needs of internship partners.
- Help maintain healthy and productive internship partnerships.
- Organized tracking of student documents, student data, phone calls, and logging information into databases, etc.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS FOR SUCCESS IN OUR POSITION
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Work well independently and within a team environment.
- Frequent exposure to new and challenging problems.
- Excellent troubleshooting techniques.
- Flexible, able to multi-task, and enjoy working in a diverse, results-oriented workplace.
- Passion about the job and a little sense of humor.
Tech Impact is a nonprofit whose mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve our world.
We are the place nonprofits can call to make sense of anything from large-scale technology projects, to technology maintenance and support. We have partnered with hundreds of nonprofit organizations around the world since 2003, to help each one realizes the potential of technology to achieve their mission and improve outcomes.
Our services enable nonprofits to plan for, implement and effectively employ technology tools to achieve their organizational goals. We have offices in Philadelphia PA, Washington DC, Wilmington DE, and Las Vegas NV. Tech Impact clients range from 5 to 600 staff and run primarily Windows-based software and Microsoft cloud technologies.
In addition to providing technical services to nonprofit organizations, Tech Impact runs workforce development programs to help young people learn in-demand skills to gain employment in the IT field.
To learn more about ITWorks please visit www.itworks.org
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Tech Impact embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex, gender, identity, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
ADA Specification Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Requires the ability to speak, hear, see and use a computer and other office related equipment
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to Devie Smith at [email protected].