Location: Wilmington DE / Philadelphia PA – Remote Covid
Full Time – Permanent Position
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO – Our HR Staffing Specialist Devie Smith Email: [email protected] Contact: 302-456-9329
Be a part of a fast-paced, growing team that provides a solid work-life balance helping our nonprofit clients with Managed IT Services & Consulting and helping our students to grow their technical skills and enter the IT workforce market. Our team of mission-focused professionals are passionate about moving the social sector forward with transformative applications of technology. We are seeking an IT Workforce Admissions Coordinator to successful delivery our technology-based workforce development programs on the East Coast.
Tech Impact Operates Proven IT Workforce Training Programs
Our Workforce Programs are designed to help young adults 18 to 26 years old launch their careers through ITWorks and CXWorks and operates the PunchCode full-stack software development bootcamp. We also provide workforce development intermediary services, including student recruitment, support, professional development, and internship/job/apprenticeship placement. With offices in Philadelphia PA, Wilmington DE, Washington DC, and Las Vegas NV, Tech Impact has been delivering services since 2003 to thousands of national and international nonprofit organizations and helped students be successful IT professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Admission Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include overseeing the initial contact with applicants interested in local IT training programs. Their role and responsibility is to develop, manage, and support student recruitment efforts based on enrollment goals and strategies. This position will include working with prospective participants to gauge their suitability in working with intermediary programs that will help them jointly prepare and register for an apprenticeship to be trained to develop skills they will need while employed. The Admissions Coordinator will work to support our programs and students as they make meaningful career changes.
- Executes outreach, recruitment, screening, and onboarding for our workforce programming.
- Build long-term relationships with partners and act as a central point person to handle program interest, applications, candidate screening/assessment, and enrollment.
- Establishes recruiting requirements and completes quarterly recruitment plan aligned with organization plans and objectives.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; and maintaining rapport.
- Work with Tech Impact’s marketing staff to ensure correct messaging and timing and evaluate effectiveness of outreach efforts.
- Lead recruitment of qualified applicants for local and regional IT training programs—internal and external
- Coordinate orientations and events, including preparation of materials, collateral content and equipment.
- Seek out and attend job fairs and recruitment events.
- Respond to applicant interest inquiries via email and phone, complete initial interviews, schedule group interviews, and maintain communication with applicants through completion.
- Assist students with onboarding into appropriate programs and creating referrals to external programs as appropriate.
Organization and Program Support
- Assess applicant qualification, including administering technical assessments, TABE tests, and/or others as appropriate.
- Collect and track appropriate qualification documentation for application.
- Maintaining knowledge of and providing support for staff regarding grant reporting and outcomes
- Ensure accurate and timely program data entry and reporting using various database systems.
Required Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work collaboratively with the Program, Marketing, and Fundraising teams; possess a strong belief and alignment with the organization and program mission. Also be motivated and a self-starter, think independently and creatively, plan and meet deadlines while multi-tasking, and exercise sound judgment and diplomacy. This individual will be organized and detail-focused, energetic, and results oriented. The candidate must be willing to maintain flexibility in their schedule as occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and public speaking skills are required.
- Working knowledge of interview techniques and applicant screening methods
- Technical expertise with an ability to understand and explain job requirements for IT roles related to Tech Impact programming
- Demonstrated experience in working well in diverse economic and multicultural communities and environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and experience with CRM (customer relationship management) databases, such as Salesforce.com, is required.
- 1-3 years of outreach and relationship development experience (with clients, volunteers, employers etc.) is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working at a nonprofit is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Other Preferred Qualities
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work collaboratively with the Program, Marketing, and Fundraising teams; possess a strong belief and alignment with the organization and program mission. The candidate will also be motivated and a self-starter, think independently and creatively, plan and meet deadlines while multi-tasking, and exercise sound judgment and diplomacy. This individual will be organized and detail-focused, energetic, and results-oriented. The candidate must be willing to maintain flexibility in their schedule as occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
Benefits of Working for Tech Impact
- Supportive and compassionate environment that provides a work-life balance.
- Be part of a collaborative team that is passionate about the organization’s mission and using technology to make the world a better place.
- Everyone has a voice, and you can learn and grow to make a difference.
- The organization shows how they care for its people by paying for most of your medical benefits and providing you a credit card to pay deductibles and copays.
- Paid Time Off – 15 days accrued the first year and 13 Paid Holidays.
- Tech Impact is a nonprofit on a mission to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve the world. The organization is a leading provider of technology education and solutions for nonprofits and operates award-winning IT and customer experience training programs designed to help young adults launch their careers.
- Tech Impact offers a comprehensive suite of technology services that includes managed IT support, data and strategy services, telecommunications, and cloud computing integration and support. In 2018, it expanded its education and outreach capabilities by merging with Idealware, an authoritative source for independent, thoroughly researched technology resources for the social sector.
- Tech Impact’s ITWorks and CXWorks training programs have graduated hundreds of young adults with the knowledge, skills, and confidence they need to start their careers in the technology and customer experience industries. The organization also operates Punchcode, a coding bootcamp based in Las Vegas.
Links to Our Workforce Development Programs:
www.itworks.org www.cxworks.org, www.punchcode.org, www.techhiredelaware.org
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Tech Impact embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment based on age, race, color, creed, sex, gender, identity, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
- ADA Specifications: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, see and use a computer and other office-related equipment.