Location: Philadelphia PA , Wilmington DE, Flexible/ Currently remote due to COVID-19
Full Time – Permanent Position
Be a part of a fast-paced, growing team that provides a solid work-life balance helping our nonprofit clients. Our team of mission-focused tech professionals is passionate about moving the social sector forward with transformative applications of technology. As a Grant Specialist, you will work closely with the Development Team in raising funds to support the programs of Tech Impact.
Tech Impact is a nonprofit on a mission to use technology to better serve the world. A leading provider of technology education and solutions for nonprofits, Tech Impact also operates award-winning IT and customer experience training programs designed to help young adults launch careers. With offices in Philadelphia PA, Wilmington DE, Washington DC, and Las Vegas NV, Tech Impact has been delivering services since 2003 to thousands of national and international nonprofit organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Corporate, foundation, and government grant writing and administration
- Outcomes tracking and reporting, and research.
- Provide support to the Development Team for annual appeals, donation tracking and acknowledgement, and the annual major fundraising event
Knowledge & Experience Required
- 2 to 4 years of experience working at a nonprofit organization in a fundraising capacity is required.
- 2+ years of grant writing, administration, and reporting experience is required.
- Excellent technical and persuasive writing skills and oral communication skills are required.
- Experience with funder and donor research is required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software, specifically Word and Excel, and some experience with CRM databases, such as Salesforce, is required.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the government grants landscape, including Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funding, as well as workforce development trends and best practices, is preferred.
- A strong knowledge of nonprofit accounting and budgeting is a plus.
Essential Skills for Success in Position
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- The ability to think independently and creatively, plan and meet deadlines while multi-tasking, and exercise sound judgment and diplomacy.
- Organized and detail-oriented, energetic, team-oriented, and results-oriented.
- Flexible, able to multi-task, and enjoy working in a diverse, results-oriented workplace.
- Passion for social impact and the mission of Tech Impact.
Benefits of Working for Tech Impact
- Supportive and compassionate environment that provides a work-life balance.
- Be part of a collaborative team that is passionate about the organization’s mission and using technology to make the world a better place.
- Everyone has a voice, and you have the opportunity to learn and grow to make a difference.
- Competitive salaries and generous benefits package.
About Tech Impact (www.techimpact.org)
Tech Impact is a nonprofit on a mission to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve the world. The organization is a leading provider of technology education and solutions for nonprofits and operates award-winning IT and customer experience training programs designed to help young adults launch their careers. Tech Impact offers a comprehensive suite of technology services that includes managed IT support, data and strategy services, telecommunications, and cloud computing integration and support. In 2018, it expanded its education and outreach capabilities by merging with Idealware, an authoritative source for independent, thoroughly researched technology resources for the social sector. Tech Impact’s ITWorks and CXWorks training programs have graduated hundreds of young adults with the knowledge, skills, and confidence they need to start their careers in the technology and customer experience industries. The organization also operates Punchcode, a coding bootcamp based in Las Vegas, NV.
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Tech Impact embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex, gender, identity, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
- ADA Specifications: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, see and use a computer and other office related equipment.
- Also requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand, stoop, crawl and lift up to 50 lbs.
- May require local and regional travel.
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to Devie Smith at [email protected].